Thursday, February 5, 2015

Monthly Report - January 2015

Time flies when you're having fun and it's already time for january's monthly report. The Swedish stock market has continued to rise a month into the new year, and at the time of writing is up by over 7%. I have mixed emotions about this fact - it's nice that the portfolio has increases in value, but at the same time it's frustrating seeing the companies on my watch list becoming increasingly more expensive.

As of right now I don't plan to completely stop buying on a monthly basis. Provided that there there is value to be found out there, I will aim to continue investing regularly. 

Purchases During The Month
Not a single purchase was made during the month of januari. I hope to find som value in February.

Development Of Our Passive Income
For me and my family time is among the most precious things we have. We hope that our passive dividend income will help us gain more control over this important resource.
I've mentioned it before, but it may be worth mentioning again, that the passive income in the monthly report correspons to the current annual dividend per share multiplied by the number of shares I own. To try to clarify this further - the passive income on an annual basis is the equivalent to what I would have received in dividends had I owned all the shares for a whole year.

Despite the fact that no purchase was made during the month, the passive income has increased in SEK thanks to dividend increases from Atlas Copco, H&M, Handelsbanken and Fortum. However due to a weaker Krone the amount is unchanged in dollars from last month. The passive income on an annual basis is, at the time of writing, about 2600 dollars on a annual basis and covers approximately 6% of our annual cost of living.

This is how far we have come in relation to the first 10 years of our long-term savings goal;

Follow up on Current Passive Income in Relation to Long-Term Goal
The graph above shows that we are already well-postioned for hitting the target for 2015. However, if the markets continue to rise during the year it may be difficult to achieve the goal for the year despite the excellent starting position.

The Month Ahead
In recent months most companies on my watchlist become more expensive. The only company that looks cheap at the moment is Bonheur, but the risk associated with the stock is also higher than for other companies on the watch list. My estimate of sustainable VPA and future dividend growth is dependent on the price of oil and the condition of the Bonheur's rigs. I'm looking forward to reading through Bonheur's and as well as my other companies reports this month. Which company will increase its dividend and by how much? Will we see a dividend reduction from Bonheur?

The following companies in my portfolio will release their reports in the near future:

- Friday, 5 FEB - Industrivärden
- Monday, 9 FEB - Beijer Alma
- Tuesday, 10 FEB - Coca Cola
- Thursday, 12 FEB - Mekonomen
- Wednesday, 18 FEB - Bonheur
- Tuesday, 24 FEB - Deere & Company

I will try to post my thoughts on so many reports as possible here on the blog. As usual I am hoping for buying opportunities in these and other companies on my watch list.

Have a great day!

6 comments :

  1. Looking good, LTI. Congrats on the dividend income and wish you the best for the coming months.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks i appreciate the encouraging words! Congratulations on your success as well.

      Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that the coming months provides us with buying opportunities in stable dividend companies.

      Best Regards

      Delete
  2. Oil prices eased on Thursday, dragged down by rising output and a decline in China's refining activity.
    equitytips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing blog. I would love to share this. Please do write more about Mutual Funds in Pakistan & investor education for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for sharing this blog it was really helpful
    Mcx tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you had financial problems, then it is time for you to smile. You only need to contact Mr. Benjamin  with the amount you wish to borrow and the payment period that suits you and you will have your loan in less than 48 hours. I just benefited for the sixth time a loan of 700 thousand dollars for a period of 180 months with the possibility of paying before the expiration date. Make contact with him and you will see that he is a very honest man with a good heart.His email is lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com and his WhatApp phone number is + 1-989-394-3740 

    ReplyDelete